A companion to THE WORD OF SINNA LUVVA blog. An Outlet for new poems, drafts of poems and even rediscovered or reworked ones! For more poetry by Malcolm Evison see the Related Sites listing.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

and still - the dog walks me (first draft)



legs quivering, 
like a spluttering candle,
I wondered 
if they would carry me
down footpath and bridleways
of Piper's evening walk. 

I managed,just; then felt 
relieved to reach 
the portal
of our shared abode. 

Exhaustion breaks me, the result
not only of today's exertion but, 
rather a reminder
of last night's sparse
and troubled sleep.

The sun may shine
on just and unjust alike -
but then it rains

it pours, a plenitude
of aches and pains,

a multitude
of torments to endure




malcolm evison
15 november 2016

No comments: